Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting for the Call







What a whirlwind we have been through since I last wrote! Our lives have been taken over by all sorts of appointments-medical, legal, home visit, etc. Visiting family in Kentucky was a much needed break. How different it feels to now be in the position of waiting. We spent many months waiting to see if I would get pregnant without any help, several more months with the aid of treatment, more months coming to the decision to adopt and a few more looking for an agency! As long as we’ve waited to be parents, and as impatient as I can get in the moment, I still know God has the perfect time for our baby to arrive. I also want to let all of our readers know that we are still open to finding our baby outside of our agency, so if you happen to hear of someone thinking of placing their child for adoption, please contact me and I will give you our profile so that they can consider us.

While visiting my home church in Mount Sterling, I felt God showing me a parallel between earthly adoption and the adoption we all are part of when we become sons and daughters in Christ. Some children come to their family so easily, or even by surprise, like many of us are practically born into the church, being dedicated from infancy for the work of God. I was one of those people. I never wandered far from the beliefs of my parents, and have led a stable Christian life. I recognize this to be completely by the grace of God, and not to my own credit whatsoever. This is also not to say I've led a perfect life, I just haven’t wandered very far. I tell you this for the purpose of illustrating this parallel.

For others, not only do they begin life without a foundation in Christ, they might take years, maybe even most of their lives, to truly know God. Do you think God values them any less? What if God became impatient and said, “I’m tired of waiting on this person to open the door to their hearts! I’ll just focus on my kids that have walked the straight and narrow, and just give up pursuing the others.” How many of us would be lost for good? God’s grace always pursues us, never giving up the search.

When I came to this realization, I felt confident that God would help us to wait as long as we have to in order to find our baby. It’s so exciting knowing we could find them tomorrow, two weeks, two months, or two years from now. (I’m still hoping it isn't two years!)

If you have been praying for a loved one for a long time to find Christ, and at times you doubt it will ever happen or that God hears your prayers, remember it could happen when you least expect it. Just like we wait for that call telling us we are finally parents, you could find out God has done an amazing work and the person that was once a lost child has finally come home.

Waiting in hope,
      Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment