Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Road Less Traveled


Where to begin? For two years I’ve been reluctant to share our lives unedited. Infertility can feel so humiliating. I don’t know why that is, but many I’ve spoken with agree it’s a common feeling. The sense of losing control of your body can be overwhelming, and in reality you never really had control. The roller coaster of emotions as you make decisions about treatment, finances, etc. can seem to rule your life. I will speak more in detail on all of that in future posts.
The biggest challenge has been trying to understand how God could be using any of it. One of the most helpful things I’ve found are blogs that other Christian couples have started to keep their friends and family updated. These individuals are complete strangers to me, but their stories have given me so much hope, even in the worst days.  God has used their trials and testimonies to help guide me through my own trials, moving me towards a transparency that takes the light off myself and places it on God. Here are a few of my favorite blogs I have followed: Little O'Brien Family, Jaimee Morse, Gus and Lula
So, to bring you up to speed on where we are, we have decided to quit infertility treatments and pursue adoption! Matt and I have both felt lead to adopt since before we even knew each other, so this is not a plan B for us. We believe God is using the difficulties we are facing to move us to adoption sooner than what we had originally planned! We’re unsure of where we’ll be adopting from, but we hope to do it from the place we feel has the most need.  We’re open to a child/children anywhere from infancy to 5 years old. 
Financially, we are still not where we need to be to officially get started, so for now we are asking for each of you to pray! Pray that we will have wisdom to choose the right path, whether through international or domestic adoption. Pray that we will be able to raise the funds we need. I also ask that if you know of someone needing to place their baby that you would tell them about us and reassure them that a loving home is an option for their child. Please continue to follow our blog! I believe we will have great things to report in the future.

All is grace,
Kristin

7 comments:

  1. We blogged too. Family after all this time.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and Matt... SO EXCITED knowing God is already busy working all things out for your good! I know God will bless your transparency and help others too. Love you to the moon and back little Sis - Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the other day about how cool it will be when you have your adopted kiddo and the cousins will have that in common. Something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for you two as you enter this journey! We can't wait to see how God's plan unfolds for you. We will continue to pray for and support you both in any way you need :) We love you both!--- Kristin & Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. So blessed by your transparency Kristin and Matt! Love you guys and I will be praying for you in this new adventure. God is with you both! He will never leave you :)!

    ReplyDelete